Tuesday, December 31, 2013

year in review.

My year in review.
2013.
It seems to have been a pretty lucky one for several people, myself included.
Of course it has had its good and bad times.
Fighting good against evil on several occasions but looking back I have some very fond memories.

I started my graduate year as a registered nurse at a private hospital.
I had the guidance of an amazing educator Nadia, I'm so blessed to have been chosen by this wise and beautiful soul.
I found my love for oncology greater than I expected and was lucky enough to get a permanent position back on that ward next year.
I also made so many amazing and beautiful new friends. We have shared moments that each of us understands when working as a new nurses, the struggles and the high feelings you get when helping someone in need.
We raised over $7000 for charity together.
I graduated from university and learnt to IV cannulate.
I went to my first patient funeral.

Two of my best friends got engaged on top of Mordor and I was asked to be Maid of Honour.
I cannot wait to be there to watch them and help celebrate their love and the start their lives together as a family.
They have showed me so much about love, compassion, loyalty and friendship.

I saw the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra play with Sarah Blasko.
I experienced Laneway Festival, Tegan & Sara, Matt Corby and Passenger.
I went to Crush Wine Festival and indulged in all the splendours SA has to offer.
I have grown to love board games other than scrabble and phase 10, I have read 15 books.
I threw my mum a surprise birthday dinner.
I have baked red velvet cake 7 times through out the year.
I ate sushi, played card games in the corner of the Fin Maccools pub with my closest friends for my birthday.
I travelled overseas for the first time and saw first hand another culture and way of life which made my appreciate the life we lead in Australia.

I started my clinical honours and have stuck to it so far, only 2 assignments to go.
I lost my grandfather to cancer before Christmas.
I received an amazing present from my cousin's boyfriend to see Josh Pyke in 2014.
I can now cross boxing day test match, ashes match and cricket at the MCG off my bucket list.
I completed the city to bay 12k run. (running and walking)

Looking back on 2013 makes me realise just how lucky I am.
This year even after all the things I've accomplished, I have felt like I have just existed through the days.
Working hard and learning so much during my grad year, I hope to live more next year and fully appreciate the life I lead.
Spend time with friends and get absorbed in the little things that make life worth living.
See the world and all the beauty in it.
Meet new people and experience new things.
I hope everyone has an exciting new year of new things and appreciating the old ones.





No comments:

Post a Comment