Saturday, February 18, 2012

a very late post [took me forever to upload oops]

it has taken me a few days to get on here but here i am none the less.
i am happy to say my baking adventure was a success! the new oven is awesome and i didnt burn anything which is a major plus.
i put smiles on the faces of both my two house mates with a big heart shaped two layer red velvet cake, they were even lucky enough to lick the mixers haha
and also made a dozen nurses happy with my red velvet cupcakes which i spoilt them with in recovery.








this valentines day was actually pretty amazing.
i gave to others which always makes me smile and i also received a little surprise gift from my lovely friend and fellow student Abby.
rose cream haighs chocolates, she killed two birds with one stone there... roses AND chocolate. she also bought me a chai latte, which reminded me of our morning coffee dates on campus last year. im excited for those to commence again soon.




my valentines day night was spent with friends at our favourite (by our i mean Renee and myself) thai restaurant Danny's, laughing over wine and amazing food. im am so lucky and grateful to have met and have such wonderful people in my life that make this world worth living in.
i have lost my faith in the human race for many reason of late, but realises i dont need certain people in my life and i have others that give me hope that the world isnt filled with selfish, douch bags definitely makes me heart smile!










i spend my last shift in recovery yesterday, which is sad only because i finally feel apart of the team, even as student, which is a lovely feeling. but im off to theatre for two weeks which i am also excited about. i love this area of nursing in general. although you dont spend as much time with the patients as you do on the ward you are working apart of a more team orientated environment which i love. im really enjoying this hospital too :)







well i guess ill have to wait for the internet to connect before i can post this.
i better get out of bed (it is 11.13am) and do some house work then i can sit  down, play fable and get excited for the Garden of Unearthly Delights opening which i am attending with the girls tonight :D


love and peace, Skye x

No comments:

Post a Comment