Sunday, February 12, 2012

eyes wide shut

well today has definitely offered me a variety of sorts..


i work an early shift this morning, and driving from my home to work feels like im leaving one world and travelling to the next. much like in a video game.
i made the mistake of going from work to woolworths to meet Miss Shona (my dance teacher but we classify each other as family), the only thing wrong with this is that my work shirt is very similar to those that the staff of woolworths wear.
however i earn a lot more money than they do, so i guess thats a plus.
this is one thing i wont be doing again any time soon.
But returning to their house before they did, as i dont have 4 children to load into a car, i spent some time lying in their front garden enjoying the sun and cool breeze.



[i got a phone call from my sister that involved some news that wasnt very pleasant, but that will be a whole other entry once i get my own head around the stupidity and embarrassment of it. but i do want to write something on it because its a pretty important topic]


i spent the evening eating pizza, watching a movie and sharing laughs with Renee and her exchange student Melanie... ok so shes not exactly an exchange student. she is studying her PhD her in the same area as Renee and instead of staying in the hostel, Renee has offered her a room in their house.
She is lovely, from Holland. I absolutely adore her accent and the times where she muddles her words. Renee and I are kidnapping her for Valentines night dinner.


We also added another activity to our long 'to do' list - teach Skye to rollerskate... not blade but skate. What i havent mentioned about Renee is that she a lady of many talents.
One of which involved roller derby. Yes she was a derby girl!


I LOVE IT! i even gave her skates a try and awkwardly pulled myself around the house and managed to skate stiffly at a slow pace. of course just making everyone else laugh at my attempts.
(don't mind my gross legs)




Last but not least i decided to take the more scenic route home through the city tonight and stumbled across from pretty lights in Whitmore Square that i wanted to share with you :)




goodnight,
love and peace, Skye x

No comments:

Post a Comment