Monday, February 6, 2012

12.06am

its late but i figured that while i can (as we have no internet ourselves just yet and are sneaking our neighbours/landlords) i would update the beautiful people of this web blog world of my latest happenings.


i finally moved out! i think my poor mother was in denial about the whole things until i actually started packing boxes. she didn't have much to say about it all until i was gone then spent time making little care packages for me which was adorable!
i love my mum, we have our up and downs but she's a keeper. 
she knows me so well which is nice because my first care package was of all the things i need to bake! bless her cotton socks.


living in a share house, i have realised, can be difficult, and its only day 3. oh my.
especially when you unfortunately have an early shift at the hospital, needing to wake up at 5am on a saturday and it is also a house mates 21st birthday and gig the night before...
on one and half hours sleep im not even sure how i made it through the day. (possibly the 2 coffees i had that would have equalled 6 as they were that strong..)


i have to say i haven't been here much apart from thursday-ish;moving day and friday.
but i like it here. lots more to do but im happy.
work was my saturday morning and staying conscious enough to make it to my amazing girlfriends house and proceed to eat lovely food and drink gin was my night.
as well as a few funny messages from my friend who was attending a wedding. 
he is quirky, funny and honest. i love that about him. he makes me smile and i don't even think he realises how amazing he actually is, deep down as a person not just what everyone sees on the outside.
i'm so lucky that my gin loving and lovely red headed friend is so amazing at cooking. she always feeds me well when i stay with her. she knows it and loves it. and i love her in turn for it.


after a beautiful family roast tonight with my extended family that happens quite often i spent the beginning of the night with my first french lesson :)
my bucket list is a long one but learning and language is on it, and having a friend Renee (the new, beautiful, red headed and amazing cooking friend) that also knows and speaks french also owns aids to teach french, so that was the language chosen :)


it was a little daunting at first, and i probably sounded silly to my house mates sitting in the lounge room which is situated outside my bedroom door. but i'm going to stick with it. i actually do know a little bit on french now and its exciting to say.
i'm taking control of my life and doing the things i love and want to learn all with the people i love, respect and make me happy in the process.


i'm excited for this year. new home. new friends. new experiences to be had.
i am also excited for my first placement tomorrow. the official start to my last year of university. 
at least i am able to get up at a dignified hour like 7am rather than 5.30am.


once i know how to spell and say it in french, goodnight.


love and peace, skye x

No comments:

Post a Comment