Sunday, June 24, 2012

holidays

day two continued -
ahh so my attempts at cooking for Renèe were less than desirable but it still tasted good i guess..
i tried my hand at a simple donna hay recipe
~ chorizo sausage and tomato toast with brie cheese topped mushrooms :)


i also tried my friends melting moments recipe with lemon curd filling.
the lemon curd was the easy bit.. the 'piping' of the biscuit not so much
i always get frustrated when my baking attempts fails the first time, i pride myself in being able to bake so when it turned out different to how i had planned i get grumpy haha
however it always tastes good even if it doesnt look good  :)




melting moment (flop) on lemon cheesecake yoghurt
from the yoghurt shop .... i love lemon :)

day three-
i was lucky enough to again begin my day with breakfast in bed :)
it feels like im in a movie when i can just relax, read and enjoy a cup of tea in the mornings.

jam on toast, lemon and honey tea
and of course my beloved frankie magazine.

i spent my sunday at the Burnside Rugby club watching my cousins husband and friend play rugby.
we sat in the club room out of the rain, laughing, drinking and trying to keep Jack occupied.
i never got to spend much time with my cousin when i was growing up. we would see her on birthdays and holidays, and the occasional dinner.
living so close to her now is a blessing. i love being able to see them more often and play with jack. :)


with no plans to go out as i got home at 10pm last night, i was convinced by my housemate and his partner to go out with them to mars bar (the gay and lesbian club in adelaide)
its the first time i had been, and enjoyed it thoroughly. it wasnt as good as it used to be according to the boys but i still had fun. :)
the gay community and clubs have become a bit of a novelty i think among the straight community. im lucky to have two of my own gay novelties all to myself! haha




now.. as day four of my holidays commences i am without an xbox..
:(
sad but appreciative of the lovely man in my life that is helping me get it fixed.
Ryan - Renèe's brother has been kind enough to get one of his friends to look at it for me. im so hopeless and forgetful (not to mention angry at the fact i still havent received a dollar from the boy who is responsible for breaking it.. hmmph)
that i am yet to get it fixed.
he is such a darling for doing that for me. i owe him big time...
:D its lovely when people doing such nice gestures that like for no reason at all.
gives me faith in humanity again and remind me that not all the people i am constantly surrounded by [not by choice] are rude and self absorbed.


well its sunday today which means... ROAST NIGHT at my aunties :)
im going sit in front of the heater, chat to my mum and cuddle my dog.
keep warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment