Tuesday, April 10, 2012

break free.

i try to look past the imperfections
to see what is best in those that show the least
to imagine a world that is more beautiful
but i struggle with this mess and haze
the smoke is blinding me
and pulling me down
everything is piling up and all i want to do is tear it apart
the storm is brewing 
the lightening and thunder are creeping forward
my body can no longer resist
as it passes my heart in flames
the throbbing of my throat
to escape in a thrilling scream!
silence..
an aroma seeps through the air
i breathe in the scent
unravelling with no way to stop it
i see another day, 
new light
possibilities that exist
i begin to wonder
i want to stand up for myself and my thoughts
stop those leaving footprints, marking my skin
to take control finally and say stop!
life has been breathed back into me
i am ready for what come next
arent i?
no. i will no longer question my integrity
i leave behind me all that held me back
that has now made me stronger
to look forward to a brighter future
you do not deserve me
and no longer will i succumb to your childish ways
you do not get me back
i deserve better


love.
peace.
happiness?


[skyelouise]

No comments:

Post a Comment