Wednesday, July 20, 2011

.portia.



i finished reading this book a couple of weeks back.
and it has opened my eyes to a lot of things.
not just about weight issues but really about personal acceptance.
ive realised that everyone goes through their own battles,
weight issues, family issues, relationship issues, sexuality issues etc.
and its hard to accept yourself,
to believe the things that people say to you.
i had this conversation with a very good friend of mine last night [scott]
about life, fate, taking chances and risks, about love.
and about how advice is easy to give but harder to take/put into action.
im honest with all of my friends,
and im always there to support them.
when it comes to them doing so for me, i have a really hard time believing them.
not because i think they are lying, i just dont see it.
my self acceptance can be very low, ive realised this more after reading this book.
im not perfect, ive never pretended i am but at the same time i rarely
look in the mirror and see things i like.
everyone should be able to look at themselves and speak highly of themselves,
not because they are stuck up or selfish, but because self acceptance is important 
to be happy.
i can see the most wonderful things in all my friends and family.
i find it hard to see those things in me,
i think am a good person and i do my best to do good things.
i dont think im ugly but i dont believe im beautiful either [maybe on the inside?]
but no matter what i say, do, see, think, i deserve to be happy within myself and 
other people dont have the right to take that away from me.
i accept myself for who i am to an extent, and i can only hope that one day 
someone will see me for me,
and maybe i will be everything they ever wanted.
?
i dont need another person to be happy but its always nice to have that someone there,
to be called theirs.
i see it definitely happening for the ones i love but i think ill need to convince myself
a little more before i totally believe that i will have that [happy ending]

do yourself a favour and read this book.
she is a pretty amazing person.
next on my list is miranda kerr's book, treasure yourself.


love and peace,
S x

1 comment: